Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello everyone, my name is Lina. I'm a Smokeaholic.


Today marks the 3rd day of my 105th attempt to quit smoking. As far as it goes, it hasn't been messing with my head, yet; like causing anger or turning me grumpy all the time.

Why the sudden change?

That's because I felt lethargic lately. At the same time, I was thinking that maybe I should quit since am not even smoking as much these days. A box would usually last me a couple of days and it became stale most of the time. Last Friday, I told Mr.Snots that *this* box would be the last box for me.

This is not cold-turkey. I have been reducing my intake for so many months. It is just normal that gradually lessen ciggies intake would eventually becomes no ciggies at all.

To be honest, I hardly smoke during the office hour because I'm usually too engrossed with my work. I don't like to smoke during hot days. The only time I smoke was usually at night when I had nothing better to do or when I was driving back from work.

This should not be hard as I have yet to develop any sort of urges or suicidal thought. So I'm hoping that this attempt should last me longer than the last time.

4 comments:

Flawed Genius said...

I quit smoking simply by not smoking any immediately. Whatever remaining sticks were thrown away.

Your effort to quit the smoking habit is a laudable one. I wish you all the bests and may you win the battle of wills.

You will see the difference after a short 2 to 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

kudos for the effort! i have done the same myself, and it's been 6months of smoke-free me

p.s: you got back together with mr snots? :)

snots said...

we are still together. prolly waiting for it to expires.

Sarah Montanez said...

My boyfriend finally quite smoking cigarretes by using this stuff called Dokha. It's an all natural middle eastern tobacco, so it's still smoking, but in super small amounts and without the harmful chemicals and tar that's in cigarretes. He even sells it now, check it out. www.empiredokha.com