Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My early birthday present.

Sms sent @ 08/07/2008 to Along.

"Happy birthday old man. Hope ur life is blessed with good health, wealth and love from your loved ones. Especially me"

Reply received @ 08/07/2007 from Along.

"Belum lagilah"

Oh shit yeah, I wished him 2 days earlier than his actual birth date.Nak cover malu I sent him another sms.

"What did you get for yourself this year?"

"Merc E240. Am kaya what"

*scratches head*

Why did he needs to get another car for his birthday, he already has 4 of them.

"Why Merc?"

"Why not? Come next week you can test drive it"


At this point am sure he's going to brag about him being able to buy anything he wants in this world and harassing me about being poor. So I quickly sent this.

"Yeay!! Ok."

And I saw a window of opportunity to "politely" ask him to buy me my "expensive birthday gift". My birthday is next month anyway.

"I want gelang kaki for my birthday can? I want exactly like the bracelet u got me from Tiffany NY"

Few minutes later.

"Ask your bf to buy it for you lah"

"Kenot, nanti he runs away; Still very early to ask for anything"

He didn't reply. Either he was too busy with work, or just simply too lazy to entertain my antics.

*

Conversation on 12/07/2008

Few days later, when I was with Leen.

"Why didn't I ask Along to buy me the camera ek? Why would I want a gelang kaki anyway?"

I immediately smsed him, there and then.

"Dowan gelang kaki lah, I want camera Nikon D60. Pretty pleaseeeeeeee."

Tunggu punya tunggu punya tunggu, member didn't reply my sms.

"Kenapa dia tak balas ek sms aku?" I asked Leen "Usually kalau dia tak balas kan, cam few days later nanti dia call and ask me to amik at his place"

*mencebik*

*

Three days has passed, and he didn't even reply my sms yet.

On the fourth day, he called me at the office.

"What is Nikon D60?"

"It's a camera"


"How much is it?"


"Last I checked it was priced at 2,399"


"What the fuck!!! Blardy expensive"


*chuckles*

"Can buy me ah? You got yourself a Merc. I can't afford to buy it lah Along.. Pleaseeeeee."

"We see lah how"


*

Last Friday...

"Come and meet me in Park Royal tomorrow. I'm staying there for the weekend"

"Why are you staying there? Your house is in Subang!!!!!"


"Simply. To lepak-lepak and relax"


"Huh? Tak kisahlah. Kenapa you want me to datang there?"

"So you can take your camera"

"Ah??? Serious????? U bought it already?"


"Not yet, am going to get it tomorrow."


"Yeayy!! Thanks Along...Sayang Along!!!"

"Come by after 4, I see you at the restaurant. We go for hi-tea"

"Okay"


*

On Saturday.





*

P/S: I love my Along.

P/P/S: Next request : Toyota Rush .... hahahahhaha right...!!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

* bagi penampor free kat muka snots yg smug itu *

Leen AshBurn said...

This is like stab to my eyeballs and rubbing salt to the wound, simultaneously together. Snif.

Anonymous said...

tamparan itu juga kereana you call along old man.

btw, mine's a D40 and i bought it with my own hard-earned money.

(tapi tak tau guna, hahaha, damn these DSLR)

SNOTS said...

bunnee tak sedor diri: yang kau nak lempang aku pesal??? tang mana yang aku smug? *lempang balik*

lb:alah... nanti kita bagi awak pinjam eh? or u can use yang canon tuh..... :P

bunness yang poser: hahaha tak tahu guna, baik jual kat kita orang. buat semak rumah jer.

Rt Hon Sir Cipan Nougat-Tenuk said...

Mak aiii ... kecek macam tu jer pun dah boleh dapat D60.

Ilmu siam ke aper ni?

Anonymous said...

Sir Cipan: Adik perempuan sorang dalam family...memang ler kecek sikit pun lih dapat...tak payah guna ilmu siam..hehehhe....aku ingat kalau si snots minta JUMBO JET pun...lih dapat...hehehhe
Anyway...snots...congrats...you get what you want... :D

Anonymous said...

dari mula sampai habis kau smug dapat kamera D60 dpd along.

along tak pernah nak kasi apa apa kat adik angkat dia yg sorang ni. sebab adik angkat dia yg sorang ni tak pernah nak mintak apa apa kat along yg budiman itu.

ohok.

tak semak la my nikon tu, simpan elok elok dalam lemari.

dang i sure prefer an SLR to a DSLR.

Anonymous said...

walauwehhhhhhhhhhhhh. ade bf lagik. dpt d60 lagik. aspal tak mintak d80 je terus? lagi best wat.
anyhow welcome to the darkside. eh u ade lightside gak. welcome to the both side la ek. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*jeles gaban ade abg camtu*

mv binti said...

whoa snots,
bukan main lagi!!! I am already so much in awe of your gambar gambar pelacongan - after this pasti lebih gempar ye?

Now mari kita nyanyi beramai-ramai, "Kalau anda gembira, tepuk tangan...."

ON Leen sibuk macam pm (refer prev post) tell her tak bolehlah macam tu - nanti she keep fallign asleep everywhere, *KJ* naik daun hahahahaha!

SNOTS said...

sir-cip: hehe once in a while.

anon: u make it sound as if i actually ask him to buy aaaalll the things i wanted. :P Not really ler This is one of the few times yang i requested something from him... of course the expensive one lah because am poor.

farneybarney: eh elo,how can it be a smug entry if its real? I don't make things up wot. Smug is my Alon g not me, but then, he gets to be all smug about it because he is fucken rich. hehehe. saya hanya mengambil kesempatan. :P

ssba: haha in abundance at this moment. everything is good.

vi:oh sbenarnya my previous camera is also a dslr. cuma dah tua. so kene suruh dia rehat.

Anonymous said...

Jeles nie. :D

BTW, baru terjumpa blog u from leen. Selamat berkenalan :D

- 1na

Anonymous said...

kirim salam kat along ye. my birthday in november, chek dok berangan nak mini cooper sebijik. okay dak?

Anonymous said...

funnee: aku rasa along akan bagi mini cooper kat hang..hehehhe...tapi mini cooper yang lih simpan dalam poket seluar jer laa...hehehhehe....

Snot....hang bukan miskin..hehehhe....cuma malas nak beli....sebab ada orang yang lih tolong belikan..hehehheh..dalam hal nie....'TANGAN YANG MENERIMA LEBIH BAIK DARI TANGAN YANG MEMBERI'...HEHEHHE

mv binti said...

Snots,
yupp I figured your old camera was DSLR. I love your traveling photoes and I thought you have great eyes and must have great cam to capture those shots!
When I was buying my cam, I did a little research and saw d60 and read the fantastic review that was why I was so envious of you... the features are amazing!
Something I aspire for once I master the art of using a dslr - I am still grappling with speed light etc especially on foodshots. You ahve tips for me or not?

Anonymous said...

valisa

if u r using nikon then get sb-400 if u r not that serious. or get sb-600 if u r between hobby and sometimes serious. or if money is not an issue. sb-800 will do. but i heard they will have sb-900 coming soon. huhuh.

mv binti said...

ssba,
I have a very basic canon d400. I googled and found the flash you recommended and read the review. However, in the other foodblogs I read they recommded using as much as natural light as possible. This is not always convenient of course because I don't always cook when the light is good ;-) but is it true for food shots, using no flash at all is the best option? What about lenses? And is there any good book to read on this?Can you advise? TY Lisa
PS:I am serious about wanting to be good at this.

Anonymous said...

hidop D60!