Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eid Mubarak.

Few people came to my cubicle, shook hand and asked for forgiveness. Greeted me with Eid Mubarak, wished me well and asked me to drive carefully tomorrow. Some called me on my office extension, some called me on my phone. Some sent email to me and some dropped comments on my fb page.

I'm driving back to my hometown tomorrow with my brother. Well, I'm pretty sure he's going to do all the driving instead.

This week has been a bit hectic. I never ever leave my office with my work unfinished or unattended. I would feel very guilty.

This is actually the first time in years that I'm going back the day before Eid itself. Usually, at this time am already at my parents' place helping them with the Eid preparations; helping mom cleaning the lawn, the house, paint the wall, change the curtains and anything that she wants me to do. This year, a bit of sacrifices has to be made. I will be on-call and on-standby for the next few days. I've setup the VPN client with a hope that if there's any problem, I would be able to settle it remotely so that I don't have to drive 2 hours back to the office in the middle of Eid chaos.

I don't actually feel any sort of urgency or looking forward to celebrate Eid this year. I feel a bit complacent about the whole thing. I don't know. I just know what's coming my way; the family gathering, the questions, the endless whining and complaints; I think I'm done with that. But am going back anyway, for the sake of my parents.

So for those who came across this blog and have remained following my updates, best of friends, friends, strangers, loved ones;

"Here I am asking for you to forgive me for all my wrongdoings and all the mistakes that I have done.; those hurtful words that might have affected your emotional well being (intentionally or unintentionally), those bad jokes that weren't even funny most of the time, those endless rage and angry updates that fuelled this mundane page, my limited vocabulary and poor choices of words that might leave anyone in confusion and all the unimaginable things in between. Being human, more over a woman, my updates were mostly based on my endless hormonal raging cycles that never seems to end from month to month, or sometime day to day. I realised that my thoughts were sometimes scattered and jumbled up in a nonsensical sequence, I feel that most of the updates didn't even make any sense at all. So for having to make you suffer reading nonsense all these years, I humbly seek your forgiveness. Thank you for staying and I am wishing all Moslem a blessed Aidilfitri and the rest, enjoy happy holiday!."

Sincerely,
Lina

2 comments:

Lunabelle said...

Hello...like reading ur blog :)

Flawed Genius said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Maaf Zahir & Batin.