Saturday, March 24, 2012

One day at a time.

As I look back on my past relationships, I am constantly reminded of all the good things that had happened rather than looking at all the bad things that had lead to my heart being broken.

I always have THAT in me. That sense of forgiveness and trying to look pass bad things as what it was supposed to be..an experience.

My dad once told me that, "If I think about my problems all the time; how to raise you kids, my work and all of those things; I will never be able to sleep at night. I leave all my problems out of my bedroom."

I remembered the day he told me that precious lines. It was when, my brother was kicked out of the university because he got into a fight. I was just..errmm 15 years old, if am not mistaken. If I could recall the moment correctly, he was just sitting on the sofa, after he received that phone call, trying to digest the information. He said, there's nothing much that he could do and he wouldn't want to lament on things that had happened. So he got up, called my uncle and together they went to pick up my brother at the hostel.

At that point, I realised something about my dad. He can easily zone out all the "problematic" part of his life so that he could live life happily for the rest of the day. "One day at a time", he says. "One day at a time."

I'm exactly like him. Things that are not within my control, would usually end up at the back of my head. Not that it would not try to resurface itself every now and then, but I choose to not entertain it.