Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The year that was 2011.

The idea of updating a blog is considered passe. Everyone is now either spending more time on Facebook (of which I thought should have already run its course, but apparently not) or Twitter. I am guilty of that too. I joined the Twitter bandwagon some where in June last year (so now you know why I have totally lost touch with this blogging thing), and expressing yourself in 140 characters seems.. well..simpler.

But at the same time, I also blame both platforms because good blogs are hard to find nowadays and are not updated as frequently as I would want them to. That, people, is the hypocrite in me talking.

I hopped on to this site just now because suddenly, I was reminded of my own blog. Gosh how I have totally forgotten about the fact that I used to love blogging about stupid inane stuff. Stuff that I actually appreciate and would want to keep as memories; ok ok most of the time, I was just rambling myself to the end..but the point is; yes I suddenly have this urge to rekindle my relationship with my blog.

There were so many things happening, and am fast becoming forgetful. I can't even, sometimes, remember what I had for breakfast just a few hours after gorging on it. Don't ask me about what I did for the past few months. If I have lied my way out of anything, I might just lie again to cover the lies I once told.

2011 was hard, financially and it was emotionally draining. I worked extra hard last year, and now that I have been promoted, I swear that I would not stay late for work again. LOL.

Nah, I wish. I love my job. Not many can say that, and I consider myself lucky because I stick long enough to finally come to realisation that I actually love my job.

2011 was also the year that many lost friendships were found again. Some was just too awkward, most were just too awesome to let go (again).

2011 was also the year where I got to spend more time with my niece, and family again. Trip back home were more often that years before and I plan to keep on going back to my parents place as many time as possible.

2011 was also the year that I realise that, in this ONE life, sometimes you just have to take it easy. Why worry about things that is out of your circle of concern or control. Roll with the punches, and don't forget to take your hommies with you.

Goodbye 2011, and although I am 3 months late of wishing you a good riddance, and I'm glad that you were there, but honestly, I would never want to repeat the journey again with you.

No comments: