Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Standardisation.

I just got back from SIRIM for a work group meeting/discussion. Unfortunately, I can't disclose anything because we were requested to sign a confidentiality agreement.

I was just a stand-in for my boss actually, but somehow they want me to return as a permanent representative for my company due to my background and experience in cyber security issues before.

I was really lost at first because it was my first time joining this meeting, but once I get my momentum, everything appeared interesting although I must say the refreshments - two types of kuih - tasted like paper. I also met a couple of familiar faces from other CNIIs (Critical National Information Infrastructure - woah that's a mouthful). It was good catching up on what's new.

I will be doing a lot of reading on these documents to come up with a checklist, do some cross reference check and to produce a report on it. Analysis phase is upon me. I haven’t done this kind of task for so long. I was always on the technical side of everything, so it is expected that I spend hours on reading and understanding the concept and flow of standardisation process.

3 comments:

budakkecit said...

wow, constantly updated.
ok, bookmark balik (tak penah delete pon)

Eh, sirim dekat2 Sri Petaling. Ada lalu puchong jaya.

Meh la singgah rumah.

snots said...

budakkecit: buat rumah terbuka nanti kami datang serbu ramai2. ok tak? SIRIM shah alam ler. bukan tak bukit jalil nun.

budakkecit said...

ok je. tunggu je panggilan hangit ok.
jgn tak serbu sudah le.