Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY Artsy Fartsy stuff makes me happy.

Every time I'm down and feeling like a helpless sod, I'm always looking forward to go back to my apartment. My bed awaits me to plunk my lazy body onto it and no matter what happen, it will be there to comfort me. If things are still fucked up, I would turn to the other parts of my small apartment. I would lie down on the sofa with the TV on but don't really bother to watch what's on it (I just need the background noise so that I won't feel lonely), and walk back and forth to the kitchen; rummaging the fridge to snack on sweet things to calm me down. My relationship with my home is the best I've ever had. - ___ -

I'm such a loser. I don't even know how to comfort myself when I'm down. Seriously. It has always been a struggle to put bad things behind me. Drama, I know.


Since am tired of having to sleep off my shitty days away, I'm searching for things to do to so that I wouldn't spend so much times lamenting and thinking about my problems again and again. Just to take my mind off things, you know.

Growing up, I remember that I spent hours assembling and creating crafty projects for my art classes; weaving straw into hats, sewing batik pants, wooden pots, paper mache, collage and others. I remember the feeling of joy and satisfaction if I manage to get it done, no matter how hard it was for me and no matter how many times I had to redo it to make it perfect. (to my own standard of course; and my OCD kicked in quite early I must say heh). My parents were always around to help me out; Mom teaching me how to use the sewing machine, and how my Dad did a demo on how to cut those blistering wooden planks for my wood class. I would do anything to feel that kind of feeling again. That sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

For years I have been buying and collecting crafty stuff like ribbons, paper, felt and etc thinking that one day, I would have the time to use and make something out of nothing ; to be able to get back on doing things I once loved. But surprise surprise, I never really make the time for it. pfth!! I'm always so tired after work, I'm always not in the mood to do anything and of course other excuses I've managed to use to sabotage my own "happiness". LOL. You see, I've got all these fabulous papers and whatnot.. all boxed up and just laying there, untouched.

Thanks to Pinterest, I've started to do small projects to get myself inspired again recently . I surely hope to continue this and create more interesting projects in the future.

Project 1: Transforming a shoe box into a more fun storage box.

Text Color
Project 2: Turning a boring scratched Ikea desk into a fun rainbow coloured one for the niece.
I don't usually play with so much colour but at that time I was thinking, why not? Do something out of the ordinary might be the one thing that will guide me out of my rut.


Project 3: Paper eyelet and pearl bracelet.

I love bracelets. Thanks to my overly sensitive skin, I can't wear non-gold earring and necklace, but am thankful enough that I can still wear any type of bracelets. Since I love them so much, I've started to learn how to make them and I can always style them in any way I want. *kisses wrists*

So there you go. Stuff I made when I'm down and out and bored.

Much Love.

No comments: