Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday Morning.

Waking up early on a Saturday morning isn't really my style. My time is usually around 10am. The excuse I would usually use is to enjoy the luxury of sleeping in during the weekend.

But this morning at around 6am, my sleep was disrupted by a phone call from the office saying that there had been a lost replication of data. I said, "OK, will fix it later", hung up the phone and tried to sleep again. After much tossing around, I was sure that I was not going to fall asleep again. :(

So what's a girl gotta do other than forcing herself out of the bed, make a cup of coffee and switching on the laptop to connect to the office VPN. This is life when your company pays you a standby allowance; meaning that you should always make yourself available at any time during your turn. And to be honest, the allowance is not that great.

My weekend routine is very predictable and it has been like so for the past few years. Saturday is also the day I get to spend the whole day with Mr. Snots doing things together; groceries shopping, watching movies and take turns cooking for lunch if we are not lazy enough. He would usually come by at around 1030 am... but since it is raining today, I reckon that he's going to be a bit late than usual. So am taking the time to update my blog.

Will update more if time permits. Chao!

No comments: