Thursday, March 7, 2013

Note : Willing to try anything (well mostly anything).


A friend asked me what have I been up to lately. In response to her question,  I said, "Plenty".

Then she went on and asked me, "Anything of your own?"

I didn't quite catch the meaning of it, so I asked her what did she really mean.

She laughed and told me that usually whatever that I have going on is because of my boyfriend. I will take after whatever that he is currently into; hobbies and activities.

LOL.

Looking back at all the things I've done, it rings true for the most part of it.

I always ended up doing things that my boyfriend is doing. In my defense, it is normally because I support whatever that he wants to do and I don't mind learning and taking up the challenge even if it means that I have to do new things, things that is out of my comfort zone. Things that am not used to. (Hence the tagline of this blog).

That is where the fun lies, isn't it?
Usually the boyfriend would ask (politely most of the time), if I want to join him for *insert suggested activity here*..

Of course I would!!

I learned to surf and dive because of my ex and now am running, cycling and sketching because my current boyfriend, Mr Snots. He is a runner and very artsy fartsy kinda guy. We have been together for almost 5 years now and all I can say is that my knack of "stealing" his activities is working well. Haha.

But what people fail to see is that I don't have to try too hard to do all these new things. It usually comes naturally to me. I have always been active ever since I was in school. Even back then when I was in Uni, I enjoyed doing outdoorsy activities and I still play futsal now...occasionally. So taking up other sports or outdoorsy activities because of my boyfriend is no big deal. I can adapt easily.

Not many people know that I have always been drawing and doodling, but of course it was not to the point of what am doing now - going out sketching. I have always loved paintings in general, but to be presented with an opportunity of starting a small business of our own? No one is their right mind would want to pass that up.

I guess my relationship sparks new interests in me, or even brought out and heightened all the interesting stuff that lies underneath my mundane life. We bonded during these times and it is beyond fun that I have someone to do all these things together although I don't mind if doing it all alone either. With all that is going on right now, I am not complaining.


But really, don't you want a girlfriend that is more than willing to take up all the challenges thrown at her? You should feel loved .... or .. maybe a bit intimidated. :)


Scenes from all my cycling trips -some with Mr Snots, some I went cycling alone.



No comments: