Monday, March 4, 2013

Sketching

Sketching has been taking so much of my free time lately. I love the feeling of getting absorbed in the process of translating the image in front of my eyes on paper. Skills are pretty rusty, and I hope with a lot of practice, I will be able to gain back my steady hand.

I still feel a bit awkward and slightly embarrassed in doing sketches in public; with people looking over my shoulder and the heat.. oh my god the heat. Sometimes when the heat was just too much for me to handle, I took a picture of the place and sketched it at home.

Sketching of a picture googled for Cinque Terre, Italy.
My ultimate travel plan. I wish I will someday get to go there and sketch the the coast live.
One can always dream..



Sunny Poppies.

Behind Sultan Abdul Samad Building.


Last weekend, we decided that we were just too tired of shopping malls - we have always hated the malls but we always go there to eat and it is the closest to home. So we decided to take it outside and go to the places that we think we can just sit down for few hours and let our mind absorb all the surroundings - and after much deliberation we ended up in Medan Pasar, Kuala Lumpur. That day was a very hot day  but we managed to find a spot under this massive tree and spent an hour or so sketching.

Planning to go out sketching more.

 

No comments: